Sunday, June 10, 2012

Danville Pa River Town Marathon MAY 5, 2012

What a beautiful marathon...Running right beside the Susquehanna!  I loved this race...There was about 3 miles on trail each way, which was a wonderful break from asphalt for the feet.  Before the race I was able to talk to all my marathon buddies, and tell them to run the JSM Marathon.  It's always nice to know everyone is as nervous as you are starting out....My goal was just to complete the run.  We turned around at a park that was very beautiful... I wore my Altra's the entire way.  My feet were beautiful, but my right knee and left heel hurt pretty bad...We had a hilly course which I liked a lot.  I met up with the half marathoners about mile 20...I tried to pace myself with them which was easy.... The finish was a trail run right beside the river.  It was nice to have such a beautiful finish to take your mind off the pain...We finished in town where they were having a their street festival...Met some LDS on the course and at the packet pick up the night before which is always fun... The LDS gal was struggling about mile 14 and I told her to put her faith in Christ and he would be her yoke partner...Then I told her to bare testimony of his mercy and love helping her finish the course!  I always know it is because of him I'm able to finish each marathon....I love my Savior Jesus Christ...I'll boast of him and his strength!  I placed 11th overall female, 1st in my age division coming in at 4:10:41....Afterwards Nicholas and I went to the festival to spend my $5 they gave each participant then we went through Amish country.  There we met some fun Amish young adults and talked with them about hunting adventures in Alaska, and the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Fun day...The next day Nicholas took me on a Church history tour to New Harmony Pa....It was fun to see Lucy's parents house and other church history sites...Almost didn't make it back to the airport however...It was very stressful.  GLAD TO BE HOME!

No comments: